We are currently looking for a Shift Supervisor to join a rapidly developing Precision Engineering Company, supplying into Motorsport, Medical and Automotive Industries, who will be confident in supporting the production team, maintaining a high standard of work, whilst also helping to achieve a consistent daily output that has been agreed on with a wide range of customers. The successful candidate will report directly to the Production Manager to ensure all orders and expectations are met.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Assisting the production team with achieving expected Daily targets whilst still maintaining high-quality work, ensuring outputs and volume of work are maintained throughout
- Confidence in Setting & Operating Machinery safely, to help with the production team in achieving orders
- Communicating efficiently with others, particularly between shifts to keep production times efficient
- Ensuring workspace standards are kept, working to 5S Housekeeping standards and reporting any concerns or issues regarding Health & Safety to their line Manager
- Working alongside the Quality Department to ensure standards are met, reporting any non-conformances, resolving these issues quickly to keep production downtime to a minimum
Our Client is looking for:
- Strong experience Setting / Operating CNC Lathes using FANUC controls
- Excellent professional experience over 5 years within Precision Engineering workshops as an essential
- Confidence in Setting & Operating CNC Machinery, with solid reliable knowledge of all systems and procedures for each machine cell
- A strong ability to read & communicate technically with teams, with logical thinking to resolve any issues
- A Drive, Focus and Enthusiasm towards hitting department objects and maintaining this consistently
- Knowledge of Inspection Techniques and Quality Principles to ensure the accuracy of work
Our Client is willing to offer a Permanent position with Full-time hours, over a 37.5 Hour week, alternating between 2 shifts working 6am – 2pm and 2pm – 10pm. They are also offering Overtime, offering a potential high rate of income for the successful candidate.