A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a skilled manual machinist to join a specialist automotive engineering company in Northampton. The role will involve working on manual Colchester and XYZ lathes, Bridgeport and XYZ mills, as well as surface and cylindrical grinders, to produce automotive components for specialist projects.
The role will involve:
· Manufacturing components to the correct specification within agreed timescales
· Selecting, when viable, the most appropriate and cost-effective use of machinery/equipment
· Reporting any incomplete/incorrect/inappropriate drawings to the Machine Shop Supervisor to support continuous improvement philosophy
· To complete all documentation, including timesheets and job cards, accurately, fully and on time so that the information is available on time
· To repair any workshop equipment that is damaged/inoperable as designated by the Machine Shop Supervisor
· To suggest any improvements in process and equipment to the Machine Shop Supervisor to support continuous improvement philosophy
· To notify the Machine Shop Supervisor of workshop requirements e.g. Materials and consumables in good time to enable re-ordering thereby ensuring sufficient stock is available at all times
The successful candidate will receive an hourly rate of £10 – £15 Per Hour, depending on experience, as well as other benefits including pension and 31 days holiday.
The role will involve working 08:00 – 16:30 Mon-Fri with a 30 min lunch break and two shorter breaks throughout the day