|Title||New Product Development Engineer/Design Engineer – HVAC|
|Salary||up to £40K|
New Product Development Engineer/Design Engineer – HVAC
Our client, a progressive specialist equipment hire Company based in Northampton is seeking to recruit a high calibre candidate to the newly created role of New Product Development Executive. The New Product Development Executive will be responsible for managing the new product development process, therefore previous experience from a Product Design, Industrial Design or Design Engineering background is required.
For over 20 years the company has grown to become a leading supplier of specialist HVAC solutions, operating from various sites across the UK. This privately-owned business has experienced steady growth over the past five years and currently has a turnover of circa £11m which it is looking to double over the next 3 years. The role offers an exciting opportunity to join a successful and profitable business and will play a key part in assisting the business to achieve it strategic new product development goals.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
• Explore new target market opportunities and work with the wider New Product Development team to bring products to market
• To add a marketing perspective to what has been an engineering-lead new product development team
• To bring a planned approach to new product development with structure, reporting and delivery to timetable and budget
• Assist the new product development process with research into potential suppliers
• To keep abreast of competitor product offerings and new products taken to market
• To carry out extensive research into new products and provide full analysis reports on the performance of the products.
• 3+ years’ experience in New Product Development/Marketing or Project Management function
• Able to delivery project goals
• Strong project management skills and ability to drive projects from conception to completion
• Must be able to work to deadlines
• Experience within the equipment hire business, HVAC or construction industry preferred
• Educated to degree level.
• Academically trained in Product Design, Industrial Design or Design Engineering.
• Proven Solidworks & CAD experience preferred.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 07:30 – 16:30