An amazing opportunity has become available to join a reputable engineering company, who specialises in providing bespoke solutions to various industries utilising automated processes.
They are now looking for an experience Mechanical Design Engineer, with a background in automation & robotics to join their company during an exciting period of growth. You will be a part of a highly experienced team, with cradle-to-grave involvement in projects supporting some of their Global clients. The successful candidate would ideally have strong experience using Autodesk Inventor, however, Solidworks would also be considered.
- To be a mechanical design engineer to design and detail manufacturing drawings and documentation for automated machinery to a variety of industries
- Gain full understanding of customer requirements and manage expectations by regular communicates and project reviews with the Project Manager
- Limit project risk by utilizing known technologies, methodologies and regular communication with Systems Manger
- Have good understanding of the Machinery Directive, Risk Assessments and CE marking
- Control the project spend by conducting regular project reviews with the Project Manager and designing to cost
- Working on a multitude of projects side by side, all with competitive lead times, ensuring all key deliverable are adhered to
- Use Autodesk Inventor to design hydraulic and pneumatic systems, grippers, rollers, conveyor systems, jigs & fixtures, special purpose machinery and various other components as required
Key Skills & Experience
- Education to HNC / Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Ideally a minimum of five years’ post-graduate experience working in a machinery design role
- Proven experience in a customer facing project engineering role
- Good knowledge of Special Purpose Machinery from basic conveying equipment and complex precision tooling
- Familiarity with up-to-date office software tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Familiarity with Design and Project Management office practices
- Design to cost / Budget control detail drafting and checking
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary from £28k - £40k (depending on experience), as well as various other benefits.
If you feel you have the above experience then please do not hesitate and apply today!
Please quote reference AS11455 in the message tab on the application form.