A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a skilled Manual Turner to join a specialist engineering company in Northampton. Originating back in the 1970’s, the client has become an industry recognised leader and one of the UK's largest engineering companies within their sector.
Due to expansion, they are now seeking 2 x Manual Turners to join their team, working on bespoke batches of 1-5.
Key Role & Responsibilities
- To follow drawings to produce correct components to the required standards in the most efficient and cost-effective way
- Interact with the Works Manager regarding progress and priorities
- Setting and operating Colchester manual lathes
- Setting tools and producing parts to tight tolerances from customer drawings
- Prototype, one off, repeat, small batch work, longer runs
- Using various tooling to Minimise cycle times by determining the most efficient machining process
- Use of inspection and test equipment
- Maintain quality paperwork
- Maintaining equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Good housekeeping practices
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Experience working in engineering/production environment within an engineering machine shop
- Capable of selecting / advising / setting of the correct tooling to maximise efficiency
- You must be very well organized and disciplined in your work
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience of working with technical drawings
- Experience of working with a variety of materials such as mild steel, stainless steel aluminium and polypropylene
- Minimum 5 years centre lathe experience
- Milling, drilling, tapping experience preferred
40 hour week with a choice of shifts, either 06.30am – 15:00pm with half hour lunch, or 08.30am –17:00 with half hour lunch, 28 days holiday, increasing by 1 day per year, after 5 years’ service, Pension contribution of 4%.
If you feel you have the above experience then please do not hesitate and apply today!
Please quote reference AS11407 in the message tab on the application form.