An amazing opportunity has arisen to join one of the worlds biggest brands within aerospace as a Finishing Operative. You will be responsible for assisting in the Production department, producing vital pieces of safety equipment for fighting jets. This safety equipment has, at the time of writing this, saved the lives of 7613 pilots all over the world! So, not only will you be working for an amazing company, with a great rate of pay, but your work will be vital in saving the lives of thousands of people!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Part marking and packing of parts for internal transport and storage
- Using a kit of parts to mask detail components and assemblies in preparation for paint spraying
- Following paint spraying to unmask components checking painted surfaces for anomalies in line with quality processes.
- The cleaning of metallic and non-metallic materials by abrasive cleaning with cast iron grit, aluminium oxide particles or glass beads
- Using shot blasting machinery to remove corrosion and prepare surfaces for joining (Welding and adhesive) and coatings (dry film lubricant, paint schemes)
- To operate barrel tumbling and vibratory finishing equipment. To prepare the metallic surface for further processing including anodising and passivation
- To suitably mask components to ensure bores, holes, slots, etc are free from abrasive media before entering machinery
The working hours are Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 17:00 and Friday’s 08:00 – 12:00 (40-hour week).
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary of up to £25k (depending on experience), as well as 33 days holiday (you can buy an extra week as well), 9% pension, private health insurance, overtime at time-and-a-half, 4 x salary for death in service and full PPE provided.
If you feel you have the above experience then please do not hesitate and apply today!
Please quote reference AS11461 in the message tab on the application form.