An amazing opportunity has arisen to join one of the world’s biggest brands within aerospace as a Mechanical Assembly Operative, working in Denham and receiving an incredible benefits package including 38 days holiday, 9% pension, private healthcare and paid overtime, as well as a starting salary of £25,000!
You will be responsible for assisting in the Production department, producing vital pieces of safety equipment for fighting jets.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Efficient and correct to specification Mechanical assembly, electrical wiring, and fitting operations, linked to the manufacture of the company’s products
- Competent build inspection of all stages
- Use of hand tools is essential, such as Vernier’s and callipers
- Compliance with health and safety standards, flexibility, and development of skills through the complete manufacturing process, and the production / product cells
- Maintain a high standard of 5' s workplace organisation. Continuous improvement / elimination of waste, through 'Lean Manufacturing techniques / tools'
- Working as a team to achieve customer quality, delivery, cost and innovation requirements
- Experience in a similar role is ESSENTIAL
- Previous experience of hand tools such as Vernier’s or callipers is essential
- Knowledge and experience of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical fitting and installation would be ideal
- Ability to read engineering drawings and electrical diagram/schematic would also be ideal
- Flexibility to work across a range of different types of operations and products
The working hours are Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 17:00 and Friday’s 08:00 – 12:00 (40-hour week).
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary of up to £25k (depending on experience), as well as 33 days holiday (you can buy an extra week as well taking it to 38 days!), 9% pension, private health insurance, overtime at time-and-a-half, 4 x salary for death in service and full PPE provided.
If you feel you have the above experience then please do not hesitate and apply today!
Please quote reference Mech in the message tab on the application form.