An amazing opportunity has become available for a skilled CAD/CAM Programmer and 5-axis machinist to join a precision engineering company in Leicester, who supply into a variety of industries including motorsport, aerospace and marine.
They are looking for a candidate with strong experience programming offline using EdgeCAM, however, “ANY” software experience would be considered (HyperMILL, FeatureCAM, GibbsCAM, PowerMILL, DelCAM, Onecnc etc.) and training can eb provided on EdgeCAM.
The client has a variety of 3, 4 and 5 axis machines all using FANUC controls and works with a variety of materials including titanium and other “exotics”.
- Reporting directly to the Works Manager and or MD you will be responsible for producing small to medium batch work
- Programming Fanuc machining centres in a sub contract environment
- Producing components to drawing tolerance and specifications accurately
- CNC milling and programming
- CNC setting and operating
- Machines are DAH LIH machining centres with 3,4 & 5 Axis, all machines are Fanuc controlled
- Program using EdgeCAM (experience using other CAD/CAM packages is sufficient)
Key Skills & Experience
- Have significant demonstrable track record of CNC programming of 3,4 & 5 axis machines, setting and operating within a busy manufacturing environment
- Be a fully competent CNC programmer - ideally with offline programming experience using Edgecam or One CNC would be useful but not essential as full training will be given
- Experience in reading complex engineering drawings and using modern inspection equipment
- Experience in aerospace, oil and gas subcontract environment is preferred
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality control
- Proven capability to work using your own initiative
- Have a right first-time attitude to work and the ability to work with a tight knit group of colleagues
The successful candidate will receive a starting hourly rate of £17 - £20 Per Hour + paid overtime 1-1/3). Core hours are Monday – Thursday 7.00am – 5.15pm, with a 3-day weekend!
If you feel you have the above experience then please do not hesitate and apply today!
Please quote reference HQ11448 in the message tab on the application form.