I am currently looking for a BREEAM Assessor on behalf of a specialist engineering consultancy based in Buckinghamshire. The client has over 35 years’ experience working within various industries and supporting some very prestigious clients.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing company and team, who are due to move into a new, state-of-the-art office in central Milton Keynes, working on some highly exciting projects with some of the biggest Global brands.
Due to growth within the business, they are now looking for a BREEAM Assessor to join their team. This role would best suit an experienced assessor with at least 2 years’ experience as it is intended that the successful applicant will be able to pick up and develop several projects with a limited amount of assistance.
Your responsibilities can typically be expected to comprise:
- Undertake the BREEAM project management for a variety of buildings and masterplans
- Investigating multiple solutions to challenges summarising the benefits and shortfalls of each
- Working as part of multidisciplinary team. Attending, organising and chairing meetings with architects and the wider design team
- Attending both internal and external presentations, presenting if appropriate
- Supporting on design competitions and bids
- Producing reports and presentations with excellent visual and grammatical quality
As a BREEAM Assessor, it is expected that you could demonstrate:
- Qualified BREEAM Assessor (New Construction and/or RFO) – 2014 or 2018 accredited
- Ideally you will be a Graduate member to a relevant professional institute
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- Awareness of broad sustainability issues (e.g. passive design, health & wellbeing, post occupancy evaluation, low impact materials, water, waste, environmental economics etc.)
- Awareness of tasks on projects during all stages from conception to handover
- Ask questions to increase awareness of role and for the responsibilities of lead consultants
- Willingness to learn about risk management, financial management and commercial awareness
- Proactive - does not sit on issues that need escalating to line manager and job leader
- Willingness to learn a variety of different sustainability assessment methods e.g. BREEAM, LEED, WELL, Fitwel etc, and/or modelling software such as IES, TAS, Revit, Grasshopper etc, as well as interest in more strategic sustainability consulting
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary of between £25k - 35k, depending on experience, as well as various other benefits, including an annual company bonus, use of company car, 28 days holiday + an extra 2 weeks at Christmas.
If you have the above skills and experience and are available immediately for an exciting new job, please do not hesitate to apply today!
Please quote reference HQ11487 in the message tab on the application form.