I am currently looking for a BREEAM Assessor on behalf of a specialist waste management and environmental consultancy based in Northamptonshire. Our client provides total waste management, environmental consultancy and customised solutions to achieve their client’s sustainability goals, reduce their costs and carbon footprint, and support them throughout any construction project.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing company and team, working on some highly exciting projects with some of the biggest construction clients in the UK.
Due to growth within their sector, they are now looking for a BREEAM Assessor to join their growing team and allow them to expand this side of their business. This is a fantastic position and would best suit an experienced assessor with at least 2 years’ experience, as it is intended that the successful applicant will be able to pick up and develop several projects with a limited amount of assistance.
- Undertake the BREEAM project management for a variety of buildings and masterplans
- Investigating multiple solutions to challenges summarising the benefits and shortfalls of each
- Working as part of multidisciplinary team. Attending, organising and chairing meetings with architects, site Project Managers and site teams and also the wider design team when needed
- Attending both internal and external presentations, presenting if appropriate
- Supporting on design competitions and bids
- Producing reports and presentations with excellent visual and grammatical quality
- Qualified BREEAM Assessor (New Construction and/or RFO) – 2014 or 2018 accredited
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum and/ or Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- Awareness of broad sustainability issues (e.g. passive design, health & wellbeing, post occupancy evaluation, low impact materials, water, waste, environmental economics etc.)
- Awareness of tasks on projects during all stages from conception to handover
- Ask questions to increase awareness of role and for the responsibilities of lead consultants
- Willingness to learn about risk management, financial management and commercial awareness
- Proactive - does not sit on issues that need escalating to line manager and job leader
- Willingness to learn a variety of different sustainability assessment methods e.g. BREEAM, LEED, WELL, Fitwel etc, and/or modelling software such as IES, TAS, Revit, Grasshopper etc, as well as interest in more strategic sustainability consulting
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary of between £35k - 40k, depending on experience, as well as various other benefits, including an annual company bonus, 21 days holiday + bank holidays.
Please quote reference ASBREEAM in the message tab on the application form.