We are currently looking for an ambitious Semi-Senior Accountant to join a fantastic, busy and growing accountancy firm based in Northampton. This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary as well as potential study package options. Working hours are 8.45am - 4.30pm Monday-Friday and our client is ideally looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a clear pathway to a Senior Accountant role. You will be given the opportunity to significantly develop your skills and take on additional responsibilities whilst working alongside a high performing accounts division to support you with your studies.
If you’re looking for an exciting position to further your career in accountancy and want to be part of a dynamic and friendly team then this might be the role for you!
- Assist with financial and management accounts preparation
- Maintenance of Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledgers
- Assist with the production of VAT returns
- Support all month end processes ensuring that the management accounts are accurate and completed on time
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain effective relationships with the business and ensuring all queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently
- Performing bookkeeping duties including journal postings
- A minimum of 3+ years experience working in an accountancy practice
- AAT part qualified or ACCA student
- Good knowledge of IRIS, Sage, Xero and QuickBooks
- Experience producing accounts for small to medium businesses within practice
- Works well under pressure in a fast paced, busy environment
- Uses own initiative and has a proactive approach
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Enthusiastic with the desire to learn and develop
If you would like the opportunity to work for a fantastic company and are looking for a role which offers development and growth, please apply today!
Please quote reference AP11521 in the message tab on the application form.