A position has opened up for a skilled Centre Lathe Turner to join a highly regarded Precision Engineering company in Northampton. The company has been running for over 30 years with some huge clients and a large specialist engineering facility.
They are now looking for a skilled Centre Lathe Turner to join their team, working on large components for industries including Oil & Gas and Motorsport. You will be working within a team of 30 engineers, responsible for producing components on a Colchester lathe.
They have safe working measures in place for COVID-19 and have not had to lose a single day since the lockdowns began, back in March.
This is a fantastic opportunity to earn some great money with a starting hourly rate of £15.20, with a minimum of two hours overtime per day, at a rate of £22. Saturday mornings are also available from 6am – 11am.
You will be responsible for:
- Manufacturing components to the correct specification within agreed timescales
- Selecting, when viable, the most appropriate and cost-effective use of machinery/equipment
- To repair any workshop equipment that is damaged/inoperable as designated by the Machine Shop Supervisor
- To suggest any improvements in process and equipment to the Machine Shop Supervisor to support continuous improvement philosophy
- To notify the Machine Shop Supervisor of workshop requirements e.g. Materials and consumables in good time to enable re-ordering thereby ensuring sufficient stock is available at all times
- Heavy lifting may be required, so candidates MUST be in good physical health
For this, the successful candidate will receive a starting rate of £15.25 per hour (£560.00 for 38 hours per week) from 8am - 4.30pm Monday-Thursday, overtime 6am-8am. Friday 8am-2pm, over 6am-8am. Overtime on Saturdays when available 6am-11am (Starting Overtime rate in the week £22 per hour, Overtime rate on Saturdays £25 per hour). They also offer a 5% pension contribution and a private healthcare scheme.
Please quote reference AS11533 in the message tab on the application form.