We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join a leading and growing construction consultancy based in Northampton. Our client has over 15 years’ experience working with some very prestigious clients and providing a range of professional services within the construction industry.
Due to growth within the business, our client is now looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate must be able to take a residential site from inception through to detailed design whilst setting efficient and innovative strategies in place to achieve economical site designs.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a vibrant and busy team. If you are looking to work on some exciting projects and enjoy a challenge then this might be the role for you!
- Responsible for managing a small team of engineers and technicians
- Ensure projects are delivered efficiently and meet deadlines
- Independently undertake detailed, feasibility and conceptual designs
- Manage a check all technical content carried out by others, ensuring they comply with all relevant standards, guidance and regulations
- Attend client and team meetings
- Ensure clients and the design team are kept up to date with any issues on technical, programme, contractual and commercial matters
- Provide training to the team and assist with their development
- Responsible for controlling the quality of drawings within the office
- Coordinate with teams in other offices to ensure consistent standards are provided nationwide
- Comply with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and procedural standards
- An ICE Chartered Engineer, or well on the way to achieving Chartership
- Excellent understanding of highway and drainage design
- Good knowledge of S104, S38, S278 sectional agreements
- Have in depth knowledge of design codes
- Able to work on a variety of project types to meet the needs of the clients
- Previous experience and confident using various civil engineering design software packages (ideally Causeway PDS, Civil 3D, MicroDrainage, AutoCAD or similar)
- Strong communication skills and confident liaising with people at varying levels, including clients and local authorities
- Keep up to date with appropriate standards and regulatory legislation
- Able to lead by example and motivate others
- Supportive of colleagues and their development
- Full clean driving license is essential
- Must be prepared to occasionally travel UK wide
- Have a portfolio of drawings / project designs to submit with your CV
This is a permanent, full time role and the successful candidate will receive a salary of £33k-£45k, depending on experience.
Along with your CV, our client has asked for all candidates to provide a portfolio of drawings / project designs.
If you have the above skills and experience and are keen to find an exciting position to further your career in engineering, please do not hesitate to apply today!
Please quote reference AP115(SCE) in the message tab on the application form.