Graduate Structural Engineer – Residential
Our client is a Multi-Disciplined Construction Consultancy offering a range of professional services within the construction industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding consultancy as a Graduate Structural Engineer in their Northampton Office.
They are looking to expand our structures team in the ‘residential’ sector. The primary role of this department is supplying structural support to the civil engineering teams who work on medium to large scale housing projects.
- Carry out calculations and produce calculation packs for building control. These include:
- Masonry design to building regulations and/or British Standards/Eurocodes
- Steel design to Eurocodes (element design, rather than frames)
- Concrete design (ground beams/raft solutions)
- Foundation design (size the foundation widths along with top and bottom of concrete levels)
- Carry out drawing work (alongside a technician) to produce drawings for the superstructure and substructure
- Liaise with the client, and other members of the design team to ensure clients expectations and deadlines are met
- Liaise with the warranty provider (NHBC or similar) to ensure the designs are fully accepted.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand engineering principles and be able to carry out calculations
- Be educated to degree level in civil or structural engineering
- Have a basic understanding of CAD and be able to update drawings where required.
- Have a good grasp of Microsoft packages (excel, outlook and word).
- Be fluent in English and comfortable communicating ideas both verbally and through written correspondence
- Integrate within the residential teams/wider office to ensure constant communications between designers/technicians
- Be willing to learn and work towards chartership with their chosen institution.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to acknowledge every application. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within seven days of your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. However, if we think that your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions we may hold your details on file and contact you in the future.
Please quote reference MC11560 in the message tab on the application form.