We are currently looking for an experienced Transport & Operations Manager to join a busy, family run transport company in Northamptonshire. This is a permanent, full-time position working 9am-5pm Monday – Friday and offering a salary up to £35K dependant on experience.
If you are a dynamic and ambitious individual who has previous experience managing a small team, then this might be the role for you!
- Work closely with the Transport Manager to utilise the operation of approximately 40 fleet vehicles
- Supervise and manage a small team of Transport Planners
- Ensure all vehicles are properly maintained
- Checking all drivers and operators have the correct, up to date qualifications
- Calculate and administer quotes to customers
- Ensure that effective customer relationships are built on integrity and professionalism are continually developed
- Occasionally attend customer sites within the local area
- Previous experience in a Transport / Operations Management role is essential
- Experience using Transport Management Systems
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to lead and manage a small team
- Highly analytical and competent in decision making
- Works well under pressure and enjoys working to deadlines
- Are available to work occasional weekends when required
If you feel you have the right experience and want to work for a fantastic company please apply today!
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to acknowledge every application. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within seven days of your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. However, if we think that your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions, we may hold your details on file and contact you in the future.
Please quote reference APTr&OpMa in the message tab on the application form.