An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to join a truly innovative and progressive automotive engineering company in Daventry. This role is working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday and offering a competitive salary.
If you are looking to join a multi-award-winning company, whose reputation within the industry is second to none and enjoy a challenge, then this might be the role for you!
Work with suppliers to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Collect root cause analysis and provide corrective feedback to prevent line stops due to supply issues. Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support to suppliers. Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Knowledge of quality and business systems
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Knowledge of IATF
- Knowledge of ISO45001/OHSAS18001
- Understanding of ISO14001
- Knowledge of measurement techniques
- Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritising activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- Analytical skills
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Experience of working in Quality Assurance
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Life insurance
- Onsite parking
If you have the above experience and looking to join a fantastic company, please apply today!
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to acknowledge every application. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within seven days of your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. However, if we think that your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions we may hold your details on file and contact you in the future.
Please quote reference MC11643 in the message tab on the application form.