We are currently looking for an ambitious part qualified Accountant to join a fantastic, busy and growing accountancy firm based in Northampton. This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary as well as study package options. Working hours are 8.45am - 4.30pm Monday-Friday.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a clear pathway to becoming a qualified Accountant. You will be given the opportunity to significantly develop your skills and take on additional responsibilities whilst working alongside a high performing accounts division to support you with your studies.
If you’re looking for an exciting position to further your career in accountancy and want to be part of a dynamic and friendly team then this might be the role for you!
- Assist with financial and management accounts preparation
- Prepare and interpret forecasts and budgets
- Assist with the production of VAT returns
- Preparation of corporation tax returns
- Support all month end processes ensuring that the management accounts are accurate and completed on time
- Monthly reporting on balance sheet and profit and loss
- Maintain effective relationships with the business and ensuring all queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently
- Performing bookkeeping duties including journal postings
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in an accountancy practice
- AAT part qualified or ACCA student
- Good knowledge of IRIS, Sage, Xero and QuickBooks
- Experience producing accounts for small to medium businesses within practice
- Works well under pressure in a fast paced, busy environment
- Uses own initiative and has a proactive approach
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Enthusiastic with the desire to learn and develop
- Up to £28K
- 5 weeks + bank holidays
- Study package payment support
If you would like the opportunity to work for a fantastic company and are looking for a role which offers development and growth, please apply today!
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to acknowledge every application. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within seven days of your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. However, if we think that your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions we may hold your details on file and contact you in the future.
Please quote reference AP11655 on the message tab on the application form.