A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sustainability Engineer to join a growing team of bright & experienced engineers and sustainability professionals, at the head office in Buckinghamshire.
They are a multi-disciplinary building services consultancy, focused mainly within the UK industrial sector, but broadening into residential, commercial and leisure. Their consultants continue to be involved with some of the largest & most successful industrial buildings in the UK, including several of which have achieved Excellent and Outstanding BREEAM ratings. They are a well-established, but growing company with a strong portfolio, with an intention to develop the sustainability aspects of the department over the coming years.
The new role would best suit an intermediate engineer with at least 2 years’ experience as it is intended that the successful applicant will be able to pick up and develop several projects with a limited amount of assistance.
As a Sustainability Engineer your responsibilities will typically be expected to comprise:
- Part L compliance analysis modelling using EDSL Tas DSM software (commercial & domestic)
- Renewable energy technology feasibility studies
- Producing planning reports and presentations with excellent visual and grammatical quality
- Thermal comfort & overheating modelling (BREEAM, TM52, TM59, Guide A)
- Heating & cooling load calculations
- Complying with internal quality assurance procedures
- Understanding & working to current UK legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice
- Attending & organising meetings with architects, developers and the wider design team
- Communicating progress on projects and any concerns
- Working within the agreed budget on tasks as set by the lead consultant
- Assisting graduates and new starters
It is expected that you demonstrate:
- Experience in Dynamic Thermal Modelling software (EDSL Tas or IES)
- Working as part of multidisciplinary team.
- Member of relevant professional institute
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Awareness of broad sustainability issues (e.g. passive design, health & wellbeing, post occupancy evaluation, low impact materials, water, waste, environmental economics etc.)
- Ask questions to increase awareness of role
- Willingness to learn about risk management, financial management and commercial awareness
- Willingness to learn a variety of different sustainability assessment methods e.g. BREEAM, LEED, WELL, Fitwel etc, and/or modelling software such as IES, TAS, Revit etc, as well as interest in more strategic sustainability consulting
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary of around £35k - £40k, depending on experience, as well as various other benefits, including an annual company bonus, use of company car, 28 days holiday + an extra 2 weeks at Christmas.
If you feel you have the above experience then please do not hesitate and apply today!
Please quote reference AS11351 in the message tab on the application form.