An amazing opportunity has arisen to join a growing, yet well-established Precision Engineering company in Cambridge, as a Quality Inspector. You will be responsible for inspecting first/last off’s using a variety of measuring equipment ranging from Micrometres and Callipers to CMM machinery. Previous experience operating CMM measuring equipment is essential for this role, as is experience using manual measuring tools.
You will be working as part of a highly experienced team, in a highly impressive quality inspection suite, with state-of-the-art equipment.
- To support production personnel in resolving quality & measurement issues
- First Offs, in process frequency and stage inspections
- Patrol inspections across all sites
- Last off inspections
- Pre-& post subcontract/supplier inspections.
- Final release inspections
- Visual assessment and burr free checks
- To support/facilitate operator SPC checks and recording of results when required by customers
- To record all checks performed on appropriate documentation
- To communicate and liaise with production to promote right first time & a continuing improvement culture
- To have a high level of mechanical machine shop engineering experience
- Comfortable with sign off approval authority
- Capable of operating/using Manual & programming CNC CMM equipment, digital shadow graphs, Digital vertical height gauges and all hand-held inspection equipment
- The ability to inspect product to 100% quality standards
- Experience with metallic and non-metallic materials
- Have a thorough understanding of Geometric dimensioning, tolerancing and reading customer detailed specifications, in a precision manufacturing environment.
- Organised and methodical – capable of planning your own day and workloads.
- Have a working level in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate in a clear & precise manner, giving and receiving Information, both verbal and written
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary of circa £30k (depending on experience) + Benefits
If you feel you have the above experience then please do not hesitate and apply today!
Please quote reference HQ11474 in the message tab on the application form.