I am currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer on behalf of a specialist engineering consultancy based in Buckinghamshire. The client has over 35 years’ experience working within various industries and supporting some very prestigious clients.
Due to growth within the business, they are now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will be fully conversant in all aspects of electrical design associated with Building Engineering Services, including the site-wide authority supplies required for major construction sites and industrial premises.
- Previous experience of Building Services project design in Mechanical engineering
- Provide evidence of their experience and understanding of design in buildings
- Demonstrate understanding of the process and need for co-ordination with other design disciplines
- Have an understanding and preferably experience of sustainable design and low energy buildings
- Show a good understanding of QA systems
- Possess a good understanding of the commercial factors which affect design solutions
Professional and technical expertise Requirements
- Competent in specification writing, design/drawing for all building types
- Knowledge of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications - word, excel, etc.
- Must possess good knowledge and a competent ability in the use of their preferred internationally recognised Design Software
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Be conversant with up to date IT, technical methodology and information sources
- Possess an understanding of the relevant and current British and industry Standards
- Possess the ability to work to tight deadlines
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary of between £20k - 35k, depending on experience, as well as various other benefits, including an annual company bonus, use of company car, 28 days holiday + an extra 2 weeks at Christmas.
If you have the above skills and experience and are available immediately for an exciting new job, please do not hesitate to apply today!
Please quote reference HQ11489 in the message tab on the application form.