We are currently looking for an experienced Civil Engineer to join a leading and growing construction consultancy based in Northampton. Our client has over 15 years’ experience working with some very prestigious clients and providing a range of professional services within the construction industry.
Due to growth within the business, our client is now looking for a Civil Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate must be able to use design packages proficiently and with assistance be able to design hydraulic drainage models, produce 3D road networks and manually calculate external level designs and private drainage designs.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a vibrant and busy team. If you are looking to work on some exciting projects and enjoy a challenge then this might be the role for you!
- Provide support and work alongside a small team of engineers and technicians
- Assist with delivering numerous projects for clients within the industrial, residential, commercial and public sectors
- Create high quality designs, drawings and specifications
- Produce accurate reports and engineering documentation
- Handle detailed, feasibility and conceptual designs
- Ensure all technical content complies with all relevant standards, guidance and regulations
- Attend client and team meetings, keep up to date with any issues on technical, programme, contractual and commercial matters
- Comply with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and procedural standards
- An ICE Chartered Engineer, or well on the way to achieving Chartership
- Good understanding of highway and drainage design
- Good knowledge of S104, S38, S278 sectional agreements
- Able to work on a variety of project types to meet the needs of the clients
- Previous experience using various civil engineering design software packages (ideally Causeway PDS, Civil 3D, MicroDrainage, AutoCAD or similar)
- Keep up to date with appropriate standards and regulatory legislation
- Excellent IT skills
- Outstanding work ethic and receptive to constructive feedback
- Highly organised with the ability to manage time effectively
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full clean driving license is essential
- Have a portfolio of drawings / project designs to submit with your CV
This is a permanent, full time role and the successful candidate will receive a salary of £25k-£33k, depending on experience.
Along with your CV, our client has asked for all candidates to provide a portfolio of drawings / project designs.
If you have the above skills and experience and are keen to find an exciting position to further your career in engineering, please do not hesitate to apply today!
Please quote reference AP115(CE) in the message tab on the application form.