We are currently looking for an ambitious Embedded Software Developer to join a global leading wireless solutions provider based in Derby. Our client has over 70 years’ experience working with some very prestigious companies and government bodies, providing a range of revolutionary products and smart technologies which go on to save lives.
Our client is looking for self-motivated Embedded Software Developer to work on both new and existing projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent C and C++ programming skills and the ability to read and understand technical specifications.
If you are looking to join a global organisation and want to be part of a vibrant and forward-thinking team then this might be the role for you!
- Responsible for developing radio and accessory software
- Produce design specifications and detailed design implementations
- Prepare unit and integration testing with associated hardware
- Work with the Research and Development department to create an agreed strategy and timeframe for software development activities
- Prepare and review user level documentation
- Support staff with any technical related issues associated with the developed software
- Ensure the Research and Development Manager is kept up to date with development timeframes and activities
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience developing, implementing and debugging with microcontrollers using a real-time operating system
- Experience in the telecoms industry or protocol development would be an advantage
- Good understanding of coding, version control, build and defect tracking tools
- Experience with asynchronous message protocols
- Excellent problem solver and a team player
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a permanent, full time role and the successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £60K, depending on experience.
If you have the above skills and experience and are keen to find an exciting position working for a global organisation, please do not hesitate to apply today!
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to acknowledge every application. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within seven days of your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. However, if we think that your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions we may hold your details on file and contact you in the future.
Please quote reference AS11537 in the message tab on the application form.