We are currently looking for an ambitious Embedded Software Developer to join a global leading wireless solutions provider based in Derby. Our client has over 70 years’ experience working with some very prestigious companies and government bodies, providing a range of revolutionary products and smart technologies which go on to save lives.
Our client is looking for self-motivated Embedded Software Developer to work on both new and existing projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent C and C++ programming skills and the ability to read and understand technical specifications.
If you are looking to join a global organisation and want to be part of a vibrant and forward-thinking team then this might be the role for you!
- Responsible for developing radio and accessory software
- Produce design specifications and detailed design implementations
- Prepare unit and integration testing with associated hardware
- Work with the Research and Development department to create an agreed strategy and timeframe for software development activities
- Prepare and review user level documentation
- Support staff with any technical related issues associated with the developed software
- Ensure the Research and Development Manager is kept up to date with development timeframes and activities
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience developing, implementing and debugging with microcontrollers using a real-time operating system
- Experience in the telecoms industry or protocol development would be an advantage
- Good understanding of coding, version control, build and defect tracking tools
- Experience with asynchronous message protocols
- Excellent problem solver and a team player
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a permanent, full time role and the successful candidate will receive a salary of £38-45K, depending on experience.
If you have the above skills and experience and are keen to find an exciting position working for a global organisation, please do not hesitate to apply today!
Please quote reference AS11537 in the message tab on the application form.