We are currently looking for an ambitious QA Test Engineer to join a global leading wireless solutions provider based in Derby. Our client has over 70 years’ experience working with some very prestigious companies and government bodies, providing a range of revolutionary products and smart technologies which go on to save lives.
As a Quality Assurance Test Engineer, you will be working as part of the Research and Development team. The ideal candidate will be technically minded and have previous experience in script-based software development for communications product testing.
If you are looking to join a global organisation and want to be part of a vibrant and forward-thinking team then this might be the role for you!
- Analyse test requirements which include relevant digital radio standards such as P25 and DMR
- Identify test cases and create written specifications
- Implementation of automated test cases in scripting languages, debugging and validation
- Recognise radio hardware and software issues from completed tests
- Assist the department with design reviews
- Assist with the planning of project activities and progress reporting
- Provide test support for bugs and issues
- Completed an Engineering or Computer Science degree (or equivalent)
- 2-5 years’ experience in script-based software development for communications product testing
- Excellent understanding of the agile methodology
- Good knowledge of the STLC phases
- Previous experience using standard communications test instruments
- Excellent problem solver and a team player
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a permanent, full time role and the successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £40K, depending on experience.
If you have the above skills and experience and are keen to find an exciting position working for a global organisation, please do not hesitate to apply today!
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to acknowledge every application. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within seven days of your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. However, if we think that your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions we may hold your details on file and contact you in the future.
Please quote reference AS11538 in the message tab on the application form.