We are currently looking for an ambitious QA Test Engineer to join a global leading wireless solutions provider based in Derby. Our client has over 70 years’ experience working with some very prestigious companies and government bodies, providing a range of revolutionary products and smart technologies which go on to save lives.
As a Quality Assurance Test Engineer, you will be working as part of the Research and Development team. The ideal candidate will be technically minded and have previous experience in script-based software development for communications product testing.
If you are looking to join a global organisation and want to be part of a vibrant and forward-thinking team then this might be the role for you!
- Analyse test requirements which include relevant digital radio standards such as P25 and DMR
- Identify test cases and create written specifications
- Implementation of automated test cases in scripting languages, debugging and validation
- Recognise radio hardware and software issues from completed tests
- Assist the department with design reviews
- Assist with the planning of project activities and progress reporting
- Provide test support for bugs and issues
- Completed an Engineering or Computer Science degree (or equivalent)
- 2-5 years’ experience in script-based software development for communications product testing
- Excellent understanding of the agile methodology
- Good knowledge of the STLC phases
- Previous experience using standard communications test instruments
- Excellent problem solver and a team player
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a permanent, full time role and the successful candidate will receive a salary of £25-30K, depending on experience.
If you have the above skills and experience and are keen to find an exciting position working for a global organisation, please do not hesitate to apply today!
Please quote reference AS11538 in the message tab on the application form.